During this pandemic the Government has implemented exceptional measures through Revenue and the DEASP to enable workers who are temporarily laid off to claim a special support payment of €203 per week.
- Employers who have temporarily laid off staff as a result of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- Employers that keep their staff on payroll and have not ceased employees.
- Employers that are unable to make top up payments above the emergency payment
- Employees for whom a payroll submission was made by the employer in the period from 1 Feb 2020 to 15 March 2020.
- Employees who confirm they will not claim a payment from the DEASP for this period
- Employees will be asked to make a jobseekers benefit claim via Mywelfare.ie online portal
HOW to claim?
- Log on to ROS my enquiries and select “EMPLOYER COVID-19 REFUND SCHEME”
- Read the Declaration and press “Submit”
- Ensure the bank account details are Correct on your ROS account
HOW to Operate?
- Employer makes the payroll submission to Revenue on or before each pay date.
- PRSI Class set to J9
- Pay amount is €0.01
- Non Taxable Pay is €203
- The payroll submission must include pay frequency and period number.
Any income tax and USC refunds that may be due to an employee will also be refunded. Revenue will credit the employer Bank account within 24 hours depending on the bank.
The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act upon such information without appropriate professional advice.
DONAL 086 2079878