Entrepreneurial Action Plan
SMEs (small medium enterprises) are finally recognised as a critical factor to our economic recovery and currently account for 68% of all employment. To encourage this sector there are a number of new incentives.
- A New Earned Income Tax Credit of €550 will apply to all who do not have access to the PAYE credit.
- From 1 Jan 2016 a new Capital Gains tax rate of 20% on the disposal in whole or in part of a business up to a lifetime limit of €1m (saving €130,000)
- Start up relief extended to 2018
- Knowledge Development Box – KDB This is the first OECD compliant KDB in the world. Income that qualifies for KDB will be subject to a new reduced corporation tax of 6.25%
- EII (Employment and Investment Incentive scheme) The amount a company can raise has increased to €5m annually subject to a max of €15m and extended to include the operation and management of nursing homes.
- Minimum wage increases to €9.15p/h
- Hospitality VAT rate of 9% retained
- From 9th Dec reduced charges on electronic payments come into effect
In line with Budget 2015 they have retained and introduced a number of measures to encourage the transfer of land to the next generation.
- Stamp Duty relief for young trained farmers extended
- New €5,000 tax credit for 5 years €25K will be made available to farm families ”partnerships” who commit to changing ownership within a 10 year period.
- Farmers will also qualify for the new Earned Income Tax Credit of €550
- The high earners restriction is removed for Forestry owners who manage their plantations on a commercial basis
- Inheritance tax: The 90% Agri relief for active farmers or to part time farmers who lease land to active farmer on long term basis is retained from 2015 budget
- Home carers tax credit increases to €1,000 pa
- USC reduced for all rates below €70,000
- LPT revaluation date postponed from 2016 to 2019
- Motor tax on commercial vehicles reduced. The maximum rate being reduced from €5,195 to €900 and will be based on the Gross Design Vehicle Weight
- Inheritance tax: The parent to child threshold increases to €280,000 from 14 Oct 2015
The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act upon such information without appropriate professional advice Donal 0862079878